Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The song in my heart...

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you forget the words." Unknown

During high school, the situation at home was overwhelming at times...instead of dwelling on it with me, you reminded me it was ok to be a kid.  It was ok to be me.  We were silly and ridiculous and it was wonderful.

Crazy day?
You always say I need a tan...think we took it a little far this time;). Just kidding...do you remember? Social Studies, we were acting out an African pandemic or something like that lol.

Graduation...

After high school, it was off to bible college for both of us.  And yep, I kept the letters you sent me too...you made me an envelope out of the tampon ad from a magazine.  Not sure if I ever told you how hard it was learning to share you...

But the silliness continued, the Brandon roadtrip...I will remember that for always.
The moose...ah the moose...makes me giggle EVERY TIME lol.

You stayed at college a couple years longer than I did...I visited a few times.  Do you remember this trip?  I had started to forget my song...you did you very best to remind me...I wasn't listening.  You could have been mad or frustrated...really...you could have let yourself drift away.

Instead you stood beside me...

When I graduated from university a few years later we went on a VERY fun girls trip...truthfully, I don't think we were nearly silly enough lol.  Next time...

And a couple years later I had the incredble honor of standing beside you.

Since then, I realized we've done a really terrible job of getting US pictures lol...

I think its safe to say the last couple years have been pretty crazy...for BOTH of us lol.  I'm absolutely loving living vicariously through you lol, and although I'm not exactly sure how it happens, every year this friendship thing gets better/bigger/deeper/funner for me.  The truth is, lately I've been taking more than I've been giving back...its just that when I forget, you know the song in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. You have known each other right from the start...but real friendship only happened later...and as the years go by...your friendship gets stronger and stronger! You both are there for each other...thru the bad and the good...that's what good friends do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, to start with, I'm a little embarresed of some of the pictures! LOL, just kidding, they bring back so many funny memories!! We've had our rough patches...well more like the first 13 or 14 years of our life...but now things couldn't be better. It totally amazes me how distance has not affected our relationship. It may have even made it stronger. I know that sometimes talking on the phone is easier then face-to-face when we've got some "bad" news to tell the other.

    Dad says there are only two things certain in life, but I think I'm going to add one...#1 taxes #2 death and #3 we'll always be friends! I love you tons, through thick and thin. I take the thick position and you take the thin position LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I love you too!

    You have no idea how long I've been thinking/planning this post, some of these pics have had me laughing for years. The older I get, the richer the moments...we had no idea where life would lead, how those memories would feed into the future. One day, when we are 79 and wrinkled, we need to ride that canon again lol.

    ReplyDelete