Friday, September 25, 2009

5 Years

Five years ago today I made a vow to a man. In a church. Before God. Before Family. Before Friends. And I meant it.

I can honestly say it was one of the best days of my life, I have beautiful wedding pictures to remember it by. Looking at them reminds me of the hope and promise, the dreams and plans, the excitement and celebration. It reminds me of all that I thought we could be, all that I thought we would be.

On that day I never imagined the day would come that I would take my wedding rings off for the last time. I never imagined we'd one day discuss how to divide our home, our family, our lives. I never imagined that we wouldn't celebrate our 5th, or our 50th anniversary.

I'm not writing this to evoke sympathy, support or even congratulations. I don't owe anyone who reads this an explanation. I wrote this because I need to acknowledge that it was real, it was important, and that when I think back to September 25, 2004...I have no regrets.

3 comments:

  1. Jenilee, you put into words what I am sure many can't. Wonderfully said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can't tell you how beautiful that post is. I wish you all the best always.

    ReplyDelete