Thursday, September 24, 2009

Photography for Dummies

I bought my first digital SLR just before Christmas...and have had it on automatic settings ever since. Occasionally, by fluk, I get a photo I really like...but I've been mostly disappointed by my picture taking skills (case in point...think the Border Collie finals lol!).

Early this spring I signed up for a photography course and it finally started last week. I learned about shutter speed, aperture & f-stops, white balance & ISO...its been cool. I've been playing a little, trying to get comfortable with the settings...and I'm already happy with how much better some of my pics have turned out!

BTW...this has been a REAL good reminder of how poorly I taught Neena 'sit' and 'stay' lol!

6 comments:

  1. hey that poor reminder of sit and stay tuned out to be a GREAT photo. really nice!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, that photo of neena is awesome. good job!


    amanda, not wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous. Will you pass your notes on to your favorite aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that last photo of Neena too! - Wendy, not Amanda :)

    And you'll love the class. The first class alone was worth the money to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo of Neena is great, but I love the photo of the snow fence! Who would have thought a simple fence would make a great photo. I know there will be more awesome photos to come! Enjoy your class and keep on sharing the results with us! Mom

    ReplyDelete