After our busy day yesterday, waking up this morning was hard to do! James...what a guy...delivered coffee's to us gals first thing...I felt pretty spoilt drinking my coffee in bed lol! We reluctantly packed up and loaded the van...because of all the luggage Katie and I had to snuggle in the backseat...it was cozy lol!
We stopped for breakfast and then it was time to play at the Stratosphere! By this time everyone was feeling pretty stiff and sore so I was on my own for the rides. I wasn't even sure what the rides all were, but I thought I'm here...I'm gonna do them all! The first ride was the 'Big Shot', it shoots you straight up 160 feet at 45 mile/hr...I remember wondering if they would warn you before it started and suddenly I'm flying into the sky...it was AWESOME! The best part ever, at the very top when you/the ride are suspended in mid-air for a second...and you feel entirely weightless! It was such a crazy feeling, I couldn't remember how to breathe in for a second or two...and then we were flying back down and I of course started laughing like crazy. It was for sure my favorite of the three!
The second ride was the 'X-Scream', its a short section of roller coaster track that is supposed to make you feel like you are falling off the edge of the Stratosphere...so you barely get going and it stops. Truthfully, I thought it was stupid, it would of been super cool if it had been an entire rollercoaster track.
The final ride was 'Insanity' which is sort of like a carousel that hangs you over the edge of the Stratosphere, it was fun although not an adrenaline rush like the Big Shot. Actually half the fun of rides like these is watching other people freak out lol!
Will I was getting my adrenaline fix, the rest of the gang did some shopping and had this sign made for a racing buddy.
Final stop of the day was the Sahara and the NASCAR Cafe for the rollercoaster there...was SO funny, I'm sitting there waiting for the ride to start and the attendant starts talking...he makes it as far as "Please remember..." and the ride takes off! Its not the normal, slowly get moving type of roller coaster either...its a 0-60 in 6 seconds kinda thing...it totally caught me off guard and had me laughing from the beginning! It was super fast and fun...but I still think New York New York was my favorite, I love the high drops that make your tummy feel funny...the bigger the better! I'm not sure how I'll ever manage this, but on my bucket list is a high altitude flight...you know where they fly at such a high altitude you become weightless? I can't imagine how cool that would be! Oh ya...and sky diving...that might be a little more attainable lol!
We hung out at the Sahara a little more before we had to head to the airport, I think we were all a little sad to be heading home. Trips home are never as exciting as the trips to your destination...so I'm gonna leave it at that. I'm scheming however...scheming how I can make it back down for next years Duel in the Desert...I think I might be addicted lol!

No comments:
Post a Comment