James is the greatest tour guide, I need to add him to my 'take me on holiday' list. When I think of James of dream of 911.
James...you are the TOP of my 'take me on holiday' list! I saw the first 'itinerary' for our Vegas trip in September...he had the schedule of events down to the minute (leave hotel at 8:02am). I know that on at least 3 different occasions I got asked what I wanted to see and do in Vegas. Its pretty heart warming to have someone want to take care of the details to make your trip absolutely amazing!
Today James and I went on a 'Vegas Strip in One Day' date...we met in the hotel lobby at 8:00am...I'm proud to say I was even a few minutes early! And that is where the adventure started...long story, but there with a bit of an altercation between James and security...ask me about it sometime, its funny!
We headed to IHOP for breakfast (seriously...I love IHOP, their stuffed french toast is gonna be responsible for my first heart attack), James and I could probably talk racing for days and we chatted about the Duel and about racing back home. I mentioned that I'd come unprepared to the Duel, I really had no idea about any of the other drivers except our own. One who'd made an impression on me was Steve Arpin's teammate Christy Georges, she was smokin on the first day...and of course us females take note of other females.
Anyways, after breakfast we headed over to tour through the Luxor and Mandalay Bay before we hit the one thing I REALLY wanted to see while in Vegas...the Bodies Exhibit! Super cool...did you know that the female brain is on average 1/2lb heavier than the male? Figures. My science brain wanted more...unfortunately you are not allowed to take pics in the exhibit...but I bought a neat book!
After the exhibit we cruised over to the MGM, from there we walked to New York New York...I betcha I could spend an entire day there! So much to see and do, we spied a Harley store and were heading over when suddenly James stopped short at this woman playing a slot machine and asks her if she's the racer? It was none other that Christy Georges...what are the chances? So I shook her hand, pretty sure I made some ridiculous fan comment like 'it was a pleasure to watch you race' HAHA (true...but super cheesy) and we carried on. I might also mention that James is now claiming to have 'arranged' that meeting...





Shelley...this made me think of you lol!
We did a lot of cruising through the casino's, most of them have shopping area's and I'm not even going to deny that I was thoroughly lost a good chunk of the time. Earlier in the morning we had stopped at a photographer's gallery...don't remember who it was but a really great landscape photographer. Anyways we moseyed our way through the gallery and then I found this book that showcased his work...it was a BIG book...and I'm flipping through it like its a paperback when James points at the sign on the wall where is states the book sells for $20,000. Yep. I stopped pawing through it pretty quickly after that.
A while later we pass by a Tiffany's and James beckons me in...now picture two Albertan's, I'm in a pink Bates Drywall hoodie and James is in a neon yellow Late Model racing hoodie, strolling into Tiffany's. We are 'window shopping' when an emerald ring catches James' eye (Kathy's a red head, emeralds...see the link?) and he asks if we can see it. So the salesperson somewhat reluctantly opens the case, does his fancy little polishing the ring deal, and hands it to James who then proceeds to examine it like his full time job is buying diamonds for De Beers. After he finished his 'inspection' he hands this ring over to me and tells me to put it on...so I did. It was sparkly. It was actually very pretty. It also came with a very pretty price tag of $20,000. And James looks at me and says 'should I be bad and put it on the credit card'...silly girl that I am thought that he might actually be serious. James decided he was going to 'think about it' so we leave, and I make it about 20 feet when I realize I had $20,000 on my finger...yep, I laughed like a mad woman right there in the middle of the high class shopping center. Sigh.
So by oneish we are both pretty hungry and we decide to stop at a restaurant called Diablo's for lunch. After we continued our tour of the strip, at some point we crossed the street to Paris and James decides we need to see Vegas from the Eiffel Tower. We get to the top around 3:20pm, just in time to watch the Bellagio fountain show!




After the Eiffel Tower we mosey back towards the MGM and our van, stopping to take a quick tour through the Coca Cola store. By this time we are both getting pretty tired and thirsty, so we head over to Treasure Island for a few beverages. On our way in we meet some people with 2 for 1 tickets for the Cirque du Soleil show Mystere...James called up Kathy & Katie and its decided that we will go! 
Mystere is amazing...really it is impossible to describe in anyway that will make sense...google it! If you ever have the opportunity, watch a Cirque du Soleil show, I promise you will not regret it!
Later its decided that I need to see the Treasure Island pirate show, it was pretty fun...although after watching Mystere I have to say the dancing...well...its just a total different caliber.

And the very last stop of the night was St. Mark's Square at the Venetian...pretty cool, this photograph was taken at midnight!
So...when it was all said and done James and I were on the strip for 16hrs...I was BEAT by the end but I have memories that will last a lifetime!
Sounds like a fun trip! Great photos too - I'm sure it was an adventure you'll never forget!
ReplyDeleteHey, next time you're hungry you may want to go somewhere other than IHOP. The company has been exposed for animal cruelty: www.humanesociety.org/ihop.
Keep the vacation blog entries coming. You're giving me ideas for next summer!
Thanks for including Mystere in your post, I'm so glad you enjoyed the show!
ReplyDeleteJessica
Cirque du Soleil