This was originally my Oma & Opa's dairy, my Uncle Frank & Aunt Velma took over the farm and as a kid Dustin and I would often make ourselves nuisances 'helping' with chores. I'm pretty sure they thought we were nuts because we'd come for a visit and be up at 4:30-5am to help milk the cows. But I loved milking the cows, I still love the smell of a dairy, and I will never forget the taste of milk out of the tank. Several years ago Uncle Frank & Aunt Velma sold the farm, the new owners have been making improvements...it actually looks quite different than what I remember. I made myself a nuisance again and asked the new owner if I could take a few pictures.
Dairy is so different from beef, it was good for me to see the difference first hand.
This is Uncle Frank & Aunt Velma's new place...I loved visiting the farm, but I love visiting them here just as much. It is absolutely beautiful and peaceful, and its impossible to feel anything but relaxed and at home.
The view of the Fraser Valley from their deck is spectacular...especially for us 'prairie folk'.
From one point on their property you can even see the farm down below.
And of course BC is beautiful anytime of year, but they are well into their spring and many flowers are already blooming. I love Alberta, but it IS hard to come back after all this color.
No comments:
Post a Comment