I spent July 1st in Vauxhall, they try to put on a demolition derby every year. Little known Crazy J fact, in high school some of the guys put together a demolition car, and then their mom's squashed their driving dreams...they asked me to drive. I'd already been in a stock car a couple times, what could my mom really say? It was fun...but it makes me cringe when I think about the safety of those cars (although not enough to say no, right Mom!).
Anyways, I knew several of the drivers, mostly friends of my family...and then I was suprised to see one of my truck drivers from BCR has a car there as well!
A little pre-derby auction action!
Scott, a family friend, is in the #7 and Shaun, from BCR, is in the #11.
Brody, is in the green #444 car.
I am very bad (or very good?) at making associations...as soon as I arrived I was picking out car numbers that match racers I know...#13, #69, #44, #11, etc...sometimes its freaking exhausting lol! This also made me laugh...
This ended up being one of his favorite moves...
I think all the guys we were cheering for made it to the finals.
The last two cars were Shaun in the #11 and the #44...woulda liked to see a pal win...but in the end reigning champ took the trophy.
It was a fun way to spend the day, the evening was also fun...maybe a little too much, right Mom;) lol!









Can you ever have too much fun? lol It was a fun day...and these events are always way more fun when you know someone to cheer for! It was a good day...and it didn't hurt my feelings any when they didn't run the powder puff race! mom
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete