August is a busy agility month for Neena and I, in addition to demonstrations during Whoop Up Days, we will be trialing here in Lethbridge at the end of the month. We haven't trialed since January, I'm struggling with a few nerves, but I'm determined to do whatever it takes to make sure Neena and I have fun playing agility that weekend. So I've been re-working my Plan A, it was pretty good (when I stuck to it!), but I have a few idea's to make it better.
With all this in mind, we attended a Trial Prep Seminar this morning...lots of it was review, but it was really good for me to hear it again. Its clicking now that we've been in, and I've volunteered for, a handful of trials. Another 8 months of training together also helps, and this summer I've been reminded that Neena thrives on routine. So part of my Plan A will be working on a super duper fun warm-up routine that is consistent, whether its at class or at trial...I think (I hope!) it will help her focus more on me, and less on the surroundings.
After the 'seminar' portion, we ran a couple courses 'fun-match' style. We seldom run full courses during class, so its sometimes hard to see what the 'big picture' looks like. The first run was a jumpers course, I lost her attention at the beginning, but with a small (but firm!) correction she came back and we carried on. Funny how something like that thrills me, I couldn't help remembering the first few nights we trained at the field where we threatened to beat her with jumps so she'd leave the gophurs alone lol. And then she NAILED the serp...I can't even describe how good that moment felt! She's such a good girl!!!
The second course was a standard, again, we had a great run...my favorite moment...was when she nailed the weaves with both speed and accuracy! It was a big confidence boost for me, and proof that she knows what her job is at the weaves. She's such a good girl!!!
I am so proud of her...and I'm going to use memories like these to squash any nerves that might appear in the coming weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment