Athabasca University Math 265...aka Calculus...is kicking my ass. And at this point I'm not even sorry about the swear word...sorry Grandma! You know...I have very seldom worked this hard at anything in my life...and gotten such unsatisfactory results. Well I can think of one other situation...*snicker*...sometimes I'm not a very nice person.
Sigh. Anyways, I am so lucky to have found Jacinda...she's my math tutor and makes calculus bearable. IF I pass this course, it will be ONLY because of her. Its pretty incredible how much time she has devoted to me...and she refuses to let me pay her. Unbelievable really. She also started tutoring my cousin Matthew, so last week we had a 'study' date...I thought suckers were a pretty good 'reward', but apparently 12 year olds think that's 'not-cool'.
Really...I have so many things on the go at the moment...I'm hanging on to my 'give a damn' by a thread and it sucks so much more to work so hard for mediocre grades. But I'm trying to focus on the big picture...only 4 more weeks left in this semester. I can't WAIT for December 18th...you have no idea!

Sigh. Anyways, I am so lucky to have found Jacinda...she's my math tutor and makes calculus bearable. IF I pass this course, it will be ONLY because of her. Its pretty incredible how much time she has devoted to me...and she refuses to let me pay her. Unbelievable really. She also started tutoring my cousin Matthew, so last week we had a 'study' date...I thought suckers were a pretty good 'reward', but apparently 12 year olds think that's 'not-cool'.
Really...I have so many things on the go at the moment...I'm hanging on to my 'give a damn' by a thread and it sucks so much more to work so hard for mediocre grades. But I'm trying to focus on the big picture...only 4 more weeks left in this semester. I can't WAIT for December 18th...you have no idea!
I laughed when I read on FB that you and Matthew shared the same tutor. I also laughed when Karen said that he told her if she loved him she wouldn't make him do homework...typical kid!
ReplyDeleteWell...stick with it..only a couple of weeks left.
Hang in there...it's nice to see you find bonding time with your cousin! mom
ReplyDeleteYou are too kind Jen. Thanks
ReplyDeleteJacinda