Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Ya know...I wanted to take more photo's this Christmas...but the truth is my heart just wasn't in it.  Not that I didn't have a good Christmas!  Mom & Glen took us to a cabin in the Crowsnest Pass for a weekend...it turned out I had to write an exam on the Saturday afternoon and I will admit it was both a relief and VERY sweet when my little brother waited to drive me up...I was absolutely exhausted.  Actually I have to say some of my favorite memories from this Christmas are spending some one-on-one time with Warren.  We got into some pretty deep conversations...and then since we were the 'singles' we got delegated to the room with the twin beds and stayed up late giggling like little kids.  Anyways, the mountains are always a nice get-away...full of R&R, hot tubbing and goofing off. 

This photo of Warren and I is a little blurry...but I heart it anyway...

Christmas Eve is Dad's birthday so we went on a 'date' to watch Little Fockers.  My dad, what a guy...I'm 99% sure he wanted to watch it just so he could say Little Fockers like 15,000 times...but hey, it was his party lol!

Christmas Day...I stayed home and hung out with Neena...this semester was pretty tough on both of us and it has been SO nice to have some daylight hours to play outside with her.  We went for a walk with a friend and her dogs...then she came over in the evening for a visit.

Boxing Day was Christmas with Mom's family...its always cheerful chaos.  I really enjoy the kiddo's...its fun to remember who they were a year ago...and how much they've grown and changed.  And I never had a sister so it absolutely kills me to watch Victoria & Sydney bicker...LOL!  I also managed to steal my newest cousin Jaxon for more than my fair share of baby snuggling:).

Finally...today...well I guess yesterday now...started with some crazy border collie action.  Neena went to Amanda's while we were in the mountains and now she is BFF's with Amanda's foster dog Davie, its very cute.  Thanks for the great photo's Amanda!

Later we had Christmas with Dad.  Dustin & Tabitha hosted this year...it's nice to have some other gals to help with the planning/preparation.  Although the boys will ALWAYS be in charge of the turkey...no WAY I want that responsibility, especially after today's near disaster!  Halfway through cooking the turkey the burner died...it was pretty tense for a couple minutes...in the end the guys stole parts off Warren's truck and managed to get it running.  And then we proceeded to giggle through supper about how they saved the Christmas turkey with a little help from GMC.  I actually might not have blogged about Christmas at all except the boys are pretty good sports about having a camera in their faces all the time...and there was a grumbled comment about how "that had better make your blog" lol.

Its been nice to spend some extra time with Colton over the holidays...it was pretty cute, we all had to give him rides on the John Deere trike Dad bought him for Christmas.  Its really not that surprising Dad nearly dumped the poor kid off taking a corner too fast.  I guess its kinda like the saying...you can take the racer outta the car...

And I had to take a few photo's of Dad's birthday cake...I seriously don't think I've made a better cake in my life...
Yummo!

No comments:

Post a Comment