Neena and I had the opportunity to play at Terry Simon's seminar yesterday morning. I was curious to see how she reacted to him this year, last year she was scared...but she thought he was kind of funny this time:). It was another example of her increased self-confidence...so happy for her!
She is such a good girl, I feel like in a lot of ways agility has been easy for us, we both learn pretty quickly and she reads my body language very well...its fun to run her, and see all the places we could have oopsed...but didn't because we are a team. You know what, its even fun to oops with her.
Our session with Terry focused largely on giving your dog direction through body language, in fact we weren't allowed to speak for the most part. He stressed we should 'drive your dog with your emotion'...so very true. The timing was only a little ironic after the past couple weeks:). There was lots to absorb and lots to learn, he challenged me to handle a course with all front crosses, and I realized I've become lazy in my handling...to Neena's detriment. Note to self...DO MORE FRONT CROSSES:)!
I wish I could have participated in more of the weekend, but considering everything I have going on I feel I made a pretty good compromise. School makes it a challenge, we got into the Calgary trial this weekend, but I also have two midterm's next week...eek! I decided to split the difference, Saturday at the trial, Sunday at the library:), and there is still a chance Neena will play Sunday with Sarah & Amanda...it depends on a few things. I am a little torn, I want to run her...I just can't do it right now. In the meantime, if there's an opportunity for her to have fun and play agility, I want to give it to her. But if she stays, you can bet I'll be waiting impatiently for my race report:).
#9 - 21 of a Thousand, Endless Gifts
She is such a good girl, I feel like in a lot of ways agility has been easy for us, we both learn pretty quickly and she reads my body language very well...its fun to run her, and see all the places we could have oopsed...but didn't because we are a team. You know what, its even fun to oops with her.
Our session with Terry focused largely on giving your dog direction through body language, in fact we weren't allowed to speak for the most part. He stressed we should 'drive your dog with your emotion'...so very true. The timing was only a little ironic after the past couple weeks:). There was lots to absorb and lots to learn, he challenged me to handle a course with all front crosses, and I realized I've become lazy in my handling...to Neena's detriment. Note to self...DO MORE FRONT CROSSES:)!
I wish I could have participated in more of the weekend, but considering everything I have going on I feel I made a pretty good compromise. School makes it a challenge, we got into the Calgary trial this weekend, but I also have two midterm's next week...eek! I decided to split the difference, Saturday at the trial, Sunday at the library:), and there is still a chance Neena will play Sunday with Sarah & Amanda...it depends on a few things. I am a little torn, I want to run her...I just can't do it right now. In the meantime, if there's an opportunity for her to have fun and play agility, I want to give it to her. But if she stays, you can bet I'll be waiting impatiently for my race report:).
#9 - 21 of a Thousand, Endless Gifts
~ a quiet spot
~ a Mom who understands
~ country music
~ a wealth of friends
~ laughter
~ smelly stuff, like compost and manure
~ the chance to cheer from the sidelines
~ a morning outdoors...with only my Carhardts and the cattle for company
~ more than a few good men
~ kids in the candy aisle
~ learning to be alone
~ calculus...yep...I know...
~ a tired Crazy Pants
~ the chance to cheer from the sidelines
~ a morning outdoors...with only my Carhardts and the cattle for company
~ more than a few good men
~ kids in the candy aisle
~ learning to be alone
~ calculus...yep...I know...
~ a tired Crazy Pants
No comments:
Post a Comment