Saturday, February 19, 2011

Go Flyers!

Today I finally caught one of my cousin Matthew's hockey games. 

Its hard, there's a huge age gap between my cousins and I...but I think I've managed to build a bit of a relationship with each of them and I enjoy them all, I really do.  But Matthew...I spent hours with him as an infant, and then even more as he grew into a toddler.  When Victoria was born, I stayed home with him and then I stayed and helped as much as I could the following month while she was in the NICU.  We eventually ended up living together...the point is we have a lot of history, and I've loved this child with all my heart.

I haven't been able to spend as much time with him over the last years, and really...I'm not sure how much he remembers anymore...but we still have pet names for each other, he still giggles about the time he poo'd on me as a baby, and he still picks #13 for his hockey number.  It warms my heart.   

Warm Up
Starting line...center position...wooo!
Size gap...sheesh...reminds me of another kid I cheer for.
Focused...its insane how focused a 12 year old can be.
 An assist for #13!

Matthew's been having a good year, as of this morning he was leading the team stats.  They tied, unfortunately they needed to win this game to get into the playoffs, but they played a good game!  Sometimes I think that's a win of its own...good job Flyers!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Jen - so nice to have you there! Oh he remembers more than the green poop on you--he still says to me " do you remember when Jenny came to live with me and she made me pancakes" You will never know how much that meant to me that you were there for my baby! We LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete