Monday, August 24, 2009

Road Trip to Swift

SO MUCH FUN! This weekend Swift Current hosted a two-day modified show and I was invited on a road trip to catch the second day. I spent 7-8 hrs in a vehicle with Katie, Tina and Kathy yesterday...but let me tell you it sure didn't seem that long! Once we finally arrived we were able to spend quite a bit of time just hanging around and goofing off...best of all I didn't have a job so I was able to take a ton of pics!
This is how Speedy Creek packs their track...its so funny to see how every track does it different!
We sort of made ourselves at home...in quite a few different pits lol! Some of these guys have quite the rigs, and the top of this car hauler was the perfect place to watch the races (and take pictures) from. I'm really wishing for a better lens/zoom this summer...I have a hard time getting good photo's from a 'safe' place with what I have right now.
I'd like to introduce you to #59 John Barber...I am a huge fan of his...in fact he is one of the cars that will be making the trip down to Las Vegas for the Duel in the Desert this November and I plan on cheering him on! Anyways, I sort of made him my unwitting 'sponsor' for the night...and then I sort of almost got myself in some hot water...SORRY JOHN! I PROMISE I'LL DO BETTER IN VEGAS LOL!
I love it when cars are on 3 wheels...I'm sure there are reasons why this isn't always the 'fastest' way to get around the track...but it sure looks wild!

I actually managed to catch a few 'caution making moments'...I have photographic evidence of who caused the yellow lol! I thought these were super cool!

Usually before the main event the drivers will do a 4-wide salute to the fans...it looks awesome when you have this many cars. I've had the opportunity to see this from the flag stand a time or two and it gave me chills, yesterdays salute didn't disappoint!
For some of our regular drivers this is home and it was nice to be able to support them at their home track. The season is starting to wind down, fortunately we do have a few more modified races in Lethbridge this year so I will be able to see these guys again...but I am definitely starting to get excited for Vegas!

2 comments:

  1. cool! I had no idea Swifty had a track! looks like a fun time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the lens/zoom.

    I can see why you love the races...I could easily be right beside you at the track.

    ReplyDelete