This weekend BCR hosted the very prestigious Wolff Pack Run for the second time. These races are by far the biggest events I have ever had the extreme honor to participate in and with 35 modified and 16 stock cars I had my hands full! Fortunately both classes are wonderful to work with and they truly do make my job easier, however there are always many little fires that need attending and I was not able to get as many photo's as I wanted.
While I enjoy and watch almost every kind of dirt racing you can imagine...the modifieds are my personal favorite. They are fast, they look like they want to eat you for breakfast and they don't make me feel like I need an engineering degree to have a basic understanding of their set up! And did I mention how they sound? When they are idling beside you and the rumble vibrates you head to toes...well I can only imagine how that would feel wide open on a race track!
I love this photo, it reminds me of the movie 'Cars' when Doc Hudson says "I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right."
There are so many great racers in the modified division, and I am fortunate to have developed friendships with many of them. There is always a lot of laughter and teasing...and occasionally a little soothing of ruffled feathers...but for the most part I know people will be happy to come back to Lethbridge for the next race. That's probably why I find this so funny:
Iwas pretty tickled that I got my own personal message on the #13 car of Merl Fitzpatrick...although I'm not sure that's the message I want him taking to the other tracks he races at!
The last photo's I had time to take were of the Barber girls in their 'modifieds'...someone suggested that maybe this is the type of car I should buy!

I am absolutely exhausted, and pretty sad its over. HOWEVER...I am very excited to say that I will be attending the 2009 Duel in the Desert at Las Vegas Motor Speedway this November...last year they had over 150 cars. Just thinking about it gives me butterflies!
No comments:
Post a Comment