Monday, March 1, 2010

Friends, Music & Time

I was once told there is nothing good friends, good music, and time couldn't fix.I'm still not sure that all things can be fixed...at least not the way I want them to be fixed.  But when things start spinning out of control, or on the days when I just don't know how to keep moving forward, I remember these words and somehow they give me strength.

I am fortunate to have some very good friends and family...and I've felt you even more since the Crazy J survival blog...it was not my intent when I wrote it, but I really do appreciate it all the same. 

Time...well...none of us really have a choice about that one, Time Marches On (its a country song...go figure).  Having the patience to let time 'fix' what went wrong...well that's the hard part.  Its something I've been pondering quite a bit since Sarah's 'Learning Experience' post, healing takes a lot of time (and WORK)!  And as she noted, sometimes refusing to half-ass it and allowing time to do its thing hurts like hell... 

Music...I don't know what I'd do without music.  Neena and I put on quite a few kms in a week, and normally I do some of my best thinking on our walks.  I've noticed lately the iPod has been coming along more frequently, and after some further pondering, I've decided I just can't stand to hear my own self think anymore lol!  The same friend who gave me the friends/music/time advice also taught me how to pick what I need from a song.  Here are a couple of the songs that are 'getting me through' right now...it seems like the winter blues have been getting more than just me down lately and I hope you pick what you need.



1 comment:

  1. i feel the same way about music jen, those are both great songs!!! there are only a handful of songs that can make me break into tears ... I agree the music drowns out our own thoughts ... sometimes that is the best thing, let someone do it for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete