Thursday, March 11, 2010

Heart Shaped

My cakes come heart shaped...
(they are the only cake pans I have...shhh)

We hosted a little party last night to celebrate my roomie's birthday, she loves carrot cake so I started searching for the best ever Carrot Cake Recipe.  This one turned out pretty good! 
I love cake. I blame my co-worker Chelsey. We are...correction...she IS and I'm becoming a cake maniac...I've spent quite a bit of time debating the best type of cake at coffee break this winter.  I have this urge to figure out what my absolute favorite cake might be, I don't like light and fluffy cakes (Angel Food Cake...ick), and I have to admit I am enjoying a good piece of carrot cake more and more!  But what about Chocolate Cake!  And who can resist Cheesecake!  And Dad used to call me a Fruitcake...so I sorta have sentimental ties to those.  See my dilemma? 
But really, I suspect my favorite part about cake is the icing...and homemade is almost ALWAYS best.  Especially when you get to lick the beaters.  YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, the icing...better bring me some...and some cake too.

    And I have to add, a huge piece of brownie with ice cream and chocolate sauce is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete