*FYI* I was informed by one of my 'gun-shy to comment' readers that my mower actually has a toe problem...not a camber one. My bad *eye roll*. And THAT'S what happens when you let racers into your blogging circle of trust lol.
I like to joke about how I'm now the 'man of the house.' In the last year I've cleaned eavestroughs, thawed water lines, killed spiders, fixed dryer vents and made plans to buy a lawn mower this spring. A couple weeks ago the grass was getting pretty long, I knew I was running out of time, when I came home to find that someone had mowed my lawn. At first I thought maybe it was the neighbors but their yards still needed cutting...I was totally stumped...had no idea who had done it...was like the lawn mowing fairy had come! It was a relief, and it also made me laugh!
My best guess was that a mowing company got the wrong address, so last week I bought a lawn mower. And I realized that I had never cut the grass here. Ever! Pathetic!
I like to joke about how I'm now the 'man of the house.' In the last year I've cleaned eavestroughs, thawed water lines, killed spiders, fixed dryer vents and made plans to buy a lawn mower this spring. A couple weeks ago the grass was getting pretty long, I knew I was running out of time, when I came home to find that someone had mowed my lawn. At first I thought maybe it was the neighbors but their yards still needed cutting...I was totally stumped...had no idea who had done it...was like the lawn mowing fairy had come! It was a relief, and it also made me laugh!
My best guess was that a mowing company got the wrong address, so last week I bought a lawn mower. And I realized that I had never cut the grass here. Ever! Pathetic!
Anyways, I'm pretty proud of my lil mower...isn't she a beaut! Here's sending a thanks out to my Dad for making me do wheel-move, starting this puppy is a piece of cake compared to the mover motors!
It crossed my mind that my lawn mower is fenderless. Like a modified. Uh huh.
And I also realized I have some camber issues going on lol...
As I was mowing away I decided guys have this all figured out...it is totally liberating to mow YOUR grass with YOUR lawn mower. I feel all grown up and stuff. And now I want a garage.
Although I did giggle when I finished, I guess I cut grass like I shave my legs...accidentally left a few strips! Eeek!
Guess this gal's lawn mowing skills are a work in progress too lol!
So last night after the races James and I were having a heart to heart and when I mentioned I'd bought a lawn mower he says to me "Why'd you do that!" AH HA! Organizer of the lawn mowing fairy revealed. In all honesty, I am truly blown away, every time I think about it I get this lump in my throat. Somedays it gets a little overwhelming taking care of everything by myself...and that someone cares enough to think about ways to make my life just a little easier...wow. But that is James & Kathy for you...they have hearts of gold and I have no doubt in my mind they would do anything for me. They are a BIG part of my racing family and I love them both very much.
It's great to know you have such awesome friends that look after you! mom
ReplyDeleteJen, you always have been a little "manly", LOL. I'm so glad you have great friends that help you out!
ReplyDelete~Sherry~