This week I wanted to give Neena's pad time to heal so we worked a lot on tricks. I chose 'up' for this month's trick, essentially I'm asking her to rest her paws on me or a chair. Its kind of cheating, we'd already been learning it, but March is already half over and it still needs some work (my fault, not hers!).
Preparing for walk has become quite the production, Neena's been wearing a booty until her pad is healed, and my pockets are overflowing with baggies, cookies, toys and my iPod. We've had some good training opportunities with buses, trucks, and other city noises. Friday she actually had a full-on shaking in her booty meltdown. I'm not sure if I just never noticed them before, or if she was having a bad day, or if she's just a little more sensitive lately. We were only 3 blocks from home, and by then I'd ran out of cookies (insert curse word here)...I tried to help her recover the best I could before we moved on. Was it perfect, nope...did she fully recover, nope. Lesson learned...bring more cookies.
So that's another week in the life of one Crazy Pants. And just because it seems like I've seen and talked about unhappy Neena a lot lately...a random happy photo. I wish I knew what she was laughing at...
As for me...on top of midterms, I've been trying to prepare for The Interview. I've talked to a few people, came up with lists of questions they could potentially ask, and Maureen and I went shopping:). For the next week...my attitude is I am already the #1 pick for the UCVM class of 2015, Saturday is my opportunity to prove them right (insert tummy butterflies here).
I've also been trying to come up with a Interview Day playlist...I hope it will help with the nerves and keep me from overthinking:). Although I know I have to be careful or I'll end up in tears lol. I've been listening to Paul Brandt before exams, for years I've played "Small Town, Big Dreams" on the way to the race track. Each time I think about the racers I cheer for, who I believe in. Its my way of wishing them luck, and supporting their dream...even if they don't know it:). Now I'm playing it for ME. For me.
Anyways, Michelle informed me this week we need to celebrate so Saturday night she's taking me 'dancing' (quotations because we all know what a 'great' dancer I'm not lol)...look out Cowtown;)!
#82 - 95 of a Thousand, Endless Gifts
~ study dates
~ coffee
~ being the third wheel
~ rubber boots and coveralls
~ Neena's bouncy ear tips
~ learning how to say NO without feeling bad
~ pajama's
~ a returning roommate
~ fevers that break
~ summer road trip plans
~ friends who will always tell the truth
~ bath beers
~ bath beers
~ Google
~ morning snuggles...Neena style
~ morning snuggles...Neena style
No comments:
Post a Comment