*video link added below*
Ever had one of those weeks where it seems like EVERYTHING happens at the same time...this is the condensed version of my last week:
Ever had one of those weeks where it seems like EVERYTHING happens at the same time...this is the condensed version of my last week:
Monday - a door opens, stay tuned...I'm keeping it a suprise (its killing me!) but its BIG! Almost as big as my vet interview...*claps hands in glee*...can't wait, can't wait, can't WAIT!!!
Tuesday - got 2 midterms back...Yay for one...Yeesh for the other. Mail from Mack Daddy. Neena wows me at agility class with some impressive distance work!
Wednesday - The boss springs an interesting but VERY last minute blood sampling project on us. Doctor says I DO have a heart and it ISN'T broken after all lol!
Thursday - BIG day...harassed a prof. Get my vet interview via email. Then had to re-focus to write a biology lab exam. Changed the name on my BSc to Peters. Get home to find Colton's new Dale Jr T-shirt and my divorce papers in the mail.
Friday - Dad calls to say he's selling the farm equipment this spring. Pack for the weekend and fly to High River for a puppay partay.
Saturday/Sunday - Training Troop Trial!
Its been insane, and truthfully by Thursday I was already feeling a little frazzled. By that I mean exhausted and emotional.
As for the agility trial, I had set some goals for the weekend. I wanted to have fun with Neena and continue to work at our trialing nerves, man we sure got our practise at that!
At its worst, Neena was literally shaking and panting with fear and stress. Its incredibly difficult for me to watch, and after the week I'd had it was too much...Saturday I started melting down too. I needed to calm down and re-group, and while I did that Sarah took Neena for a little relaxation masssage too.
The new goal became having her stay with me without being totally terrified during our 'for exhibit only' (aka FEO) versions of the courses:). Was it pretty? Hell no. Was it fun? Not really. Was it 'good' for us? Yep.
And as hard as it was, I know Neena's better at recovering than she was a year ago. Several times she chose to come back to me when I know she would have rather ran out of the arena. That's a huge improvement from the last major trial melt-down! And after most of our runs I found her a lot more willing to work for me and offer behaviors instead of focusing on the scary surroundings.
I learned a ton...always so much to learn...and I don't feel defeated. Sad to know how scary life is to my bestest gal, you bet. But defeated, no way! I've got a lot to apply, a lot to try, and a lot to think about.
On another note...Amanda let me run Wicca Sunday morning which was a very clever and sneaky way to give me a little confidence boost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-DuNFlm7Qo
This video makes me laugh so hard, I look so stiff and uptight. Really I was just trying to be conscious of my shoulders, I wanted to be clear what I was asking her, but I focused a little too much on that and not enough on other parts:). It was still SUPER fun, Wicca is a fun dog.
Thanks Amanda!
#61 - 69 of a Thousand, Endless Gifts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-DuNFlm7Qo
This video makes me laugh so hard, I look so stiff and uptight. Really I was just trying to be conscious of my shoulders, I wanted to be clear what I was asking her, but I focused a little too much on that and not enough on other parts:). It was still SUPER fun, Wicca is a fun dog.
Thanks Amanda!
#61 - 69 of a Thousand, Endless Gifts
~ snail mail
~ watching a mom read to her son in a waiting room
~ a little bit stronger...every day
~ learning to believe
~ memories
~ my fan club
~ Neena's fan club
~ opportunities
~ closure
still awesome Jen. :)
ReplyDeletethe video is posted on my blog, and my youtube page.