Thursday, November 19, 2009

Las Vegas - Day 1

I was away for a week long vacation to Las Vegas! I finally had a chance to download my pics, so hopefully now I can illustrate my adventure! When I was in high school me and some girlfriends went on a weekend get-a-way, someone came up with the idea to write a travel log...which now that I think of it I haven't seen SINCE...hmmm...I bet you there's some funny stuff in it...

Anyways, since then I've always tried to keep a travel log on my holidays...now that I scrapbook I've added them to my albums, although sometimes its been an 'edited' version lol. Its a great way to remember my vacations, they are super funny, and I've often been glad to have a record of a story I was sure I'd never forget.

Travel Log - Las Vegas 2009

Day 1

My plane didn't fly out of Great Falls until almost 9pm. I had LOTS of time, so I got waxed and polished, bought travel insurance, ate lunch with an old friend, packed Neena's stuff, left my VISA info at the vet (she was acting a lil funny...not sure if it was b/c I'm was leaving, or if she was feeling icky), cancelled my water delivery for the week, finished my laundry, AND I even managed to do some boot shopping. By early afternoon I still had to pack, drop Neena off, fill up my car with gas, call VISA, plus I wanted to hit one more store for boots before I ventured across the border.

I finally left around 3pm, the drive to Great Falls went quick and I made it by about 6pm and headed to the Big R! Ever since my boots were stolen in January I've wanted another pair but have never found another that I loved enough to buy. I did...was so excited! I think they are hawt! They 'might' pop up in a couple pictures over the trip...

Headed to the airport where I met up with Garry & Gladys and a few other people from Saskatchewan.

The flight was pretty uneventful, arrived in Las Vegas, a new airport for me! And of course James & Kathy & Katie were waiting for me! Was good to see them!

We grabbed my things and headed to the van...which I have come to realize is really a race car in disguise. It never goes slow, the tires are prone to squealing and it doesn't seem to matter who's driving!

I was taken on my first tour of the Strip...holy! Its amazing, all the lights, all the man-made creations and that's just what I've seen from the car! I'm itching to take a bunch of pics!

We made it to the hotel (Las Vegas Club) just a few minutes before 11pm so James took me to Freemont Street to watch the light show. Its pretty cool. The whole street 'stops' for a few minutes while everybody watches the show. It was a 'KISS' show, pretty neat! Fun tunes!

Katie and I ended up doing some shopping and after playing a little slots and trying to get a drink from a skimpy dressed booth attendant who was hogging all the attention of the cute police officers, we headed to bed!

May be lame, but I was tired, I've been sick, and the next day was to be a big one!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the boots!

    We loved Vegas when we went to visit Andy's brother and family who lived there for a couple of years. We are considering a trip there this spring.

    Can't wait to read about the rest of the trip

    ReplyDelete