This morning while everyone else went to Las Vegas Motor Speedway to purchase their tickets for the 2009 Duel in the Desert...I slept in lol. When I finally dragged myself out of bed we met for buffet and then it was 'Shopping Day'.
We headed to the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace...that is quite the mall let me tell you! So this might fall under the 'too much information' category, but I have lucky racing underwear. They are red to match BCR's logo, I've had them for years...I wear them EVERY time I go to the track and I don't really understand why, but I get sassed about my racing undies quite a bit. Problem was I only had ONE pair and I'd been starting to worry about the day they wore out...plus there was THREE days of racing at the Duel! I needed more racing undies so we hit Victoria's Secret and I bought myself two more pairs...then the dilemma was how do you make sure they are 'lucky'! Let me tell you...this was stressful!
Anyways, we finished our shopping and then it was time to head to the track, now the Duel in the Desert is a big deal. The winner of the event took home $7,777 this year...which is a big purse for a modified event. This year there were 264 cars registered on the first day, to put this in perspective we had 40ish cars registered for our Wolff Pack this summer and that is HUGE!
This year we had 8 Canadian drivers at the Duel and I am PROUD to personally know 7 of them:
#9 - Roger Bonneville
#27 - Terry Vicente
#27EH - Lawrence O'Connor
#59 - John Barber
#69 - Jason Lacelle
#90 - Jason Beaulieu
#91 - Perry Huszarik
I was able to take a few pictures before it got too dark...man was I ever wishing for a better lens! LOTS of my pics ended up fuzzy/blurry...its frustrating!
We headed to the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace...that is quite the mall let me tell you! So this might fall under the 'too much information' category, but I have lucky racing underwear. They are red to match BCR's logo, I've had them for years...I wear them EVERY time I go to the track and I don't really understand why, but I get sassed about my racing undies quite a bit. Problem was I only had ONE pair and I'd been starting to worry about the day they wore out...plus there was THREE days of racing at the Duel! I needed more racing undies so we hit Victoria's Secret and I bought myself two more pairs...then the dilemma was how do you make sure they are 'lucky'! Let me tell you...this was stressful!
Anyways, we finished our shopping and then it was time to head to the track, now the Duel in the Desert is a big deal. The winner of the event took home $7,777 this year...which is a big purse for a modified event. This year there were 264 cars registered on the first day, to put this in perspective we had 40ish cars registered for our Wolff Pack this summer and that is HUGE!
This year we had 8 Canadian drivers at the Duel and I am PROUD to personally know 7 of them:
#9 - Roger Bonneville
#27 - Terry Vicente
#27EH - Lawrence O'Connor
#59 - John Barber
#69 - Jason Lacelle
#90 - Jason Beaulieu
#91 - Perry Huszarik
I was able to take a few pictures before it got too dark...man was I ever wishing for a better lens! LOTS of my pics ended up fuzzy/blurry...its frustrating!

Katie & Kathy showing off their Canadian pride! 
These are the trophies...they are bigger than ME! Good thing most of these guys have car haulers, I'm not sure how you'd get one home otherwise lol! Please note how once again I'm trying to throw my leg around something...but those ARE some pretty sexy boots aren't they! 
So essentially the Duel runs 20 heats, from which the top 2 cars transfer to the 2 A-mains. The remaining cars race in 10 B-mains, and the top 2 cars from the B-mains also transfer to the A-mains. So pretty much you want to finish top 2 to move on!When you have 264 cars and run that many races its REALLY hard to keep the track tacky and the first night the track started off glazed before the heats even started. Roger Bonneville was in the 3rd heatand his word when asked what the track was like was "slippery". The heats were challenging for a lot of drivers, but you clearly see by the B-mains that there had been some fine tuning done and the cars were set up better. Unfortunately none of the Canadians made it to the A-mains the first night, but regardless the caliber of racing was absolutely amazing to watch...I get goose bumps just thinking about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment