Farm trucks are legend...and farmer bumper stickers rock my world...
Every farm has a 'graveyard', a place where all old vehicles go when they retire, and our farm is no different. This is the truck I learned to drive a standard on...
Ain't she a beauty?
This is "The Bomb", every farm also has an old truck that someone has great intentions of restoring one day...this is it for our family!
There is a very funny story involving this truck, a 2 year old Jen (by the way...I was a VERY cute 2 year old), a watermelon, and a highspeed escape from the law. No lie. Ask my Dad one day...
Deviating from the truck theme for a moment, I was VERY hard on this car when I was 16, I'm going to blame it on teenage agnst. And you can't see it, but my uncle accidentally scewered it with a bale fork at one point. How does that happen? LOL!
Dustin's first truck makes me smile at the memory of a teenager who's truck is never tall enough, loud enough or tuff enough. And the stereo...just the thought still makes my back ache...and my tummy hurt.
Sometimes trucks aren't retired gently, Dad went for a ride in this truck when I was 16 (seriously...I was entitled to some teenage agnst lol). It scared me...I cried.
A couple years ago Brady took this truck for a ride...I think I was too numb to be scared...
Aaaand...he had so much fun he decided to do it again last summer. He's lucky to be alive. I still have a hard time looking at the pictures. It scared me...A LOT. I really cried.
I'm going to have to take some photo's of my first wheels...my dad & brothers aren't the only rednecks in the family, although you really have to hear it to appreciate it...but that's a story for another day lol!










ah, the farmer's graveyard...always full of stories...some too embarrasing for them to tell...but not too embarrasing for their kids or friends. Great post!
ReplyDelete