Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Surviving...Crazy J Style

Over the last few years I've been learning how to take care of myself...its harder than it should be. 

I've learned to fill my life with good things...Neena, agility, rescue, school, family, photography, reading, walking, blogging, friends, music, racing...the list goes on.

And I'm learning to do what makes ME happy...

When its all running smoothly life is pretty fabulous, but sometime in the past couple months I think I mighta blew a head gasket lol...


BUT...I've been learning how to tune my own engine...right?  (Oh my gosh...that's cheesy even for me...I'm blaming it on sleep deprivation).  So I can't exactly stall on the side of the road...and I'm not a fricken quitter. 

So...its back to the Crazy J Survival Plan:
  1. Keep doing the 'good things'...even when I'd rather crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head
  2. Keep doing what will make JEN happy...
  3. Spend time with friends and family (perhaps a light bulb moment for some of you lol?)
  4. Wait for this to pass...it will...it always does...
  5. And for crying out loud I'm gonna hafta figure out how to get some sleep...this is getting ridiculous...
The hard part is the doing...and even more so when things you normally love to do just don't seem to be going all that well. 

So I'm celebrating a victory...Neena was ON tonight at agility!  Its been tough since the Calgary Trial...I felt so disconnected from her and since then classes/fun matches haven't felt quite right either.  As much as I try to pretend all is well, I'm sure that me being off has contributed quite a bit.  But tonight I really felt like we were a team again...and if it gives you any insight into what an emotion wreck I am...I've been teary about it ever since lol!  

3 comments:

  1. Im glad things were better tonight. You are not alone being a wreck. I feel that way too sometimes. There are days when I think the best time of day and when I get to go to bed. Not good. Lol Its just life. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, jen!! :(
    You know you can always call me to go with you to get some shopping therapy. I would even make a trip down to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm gald you are doing well Jen, i can't wait for our girls night!!!

    And Neena last night - O M G!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete