Two little words...that to this day make me cringe.
Many tears, arguments and near death experiences were caused by these instruments of torture. I would rather do almost any other farm chore if given the choice.
As I've mentioned, we were all put to work fairly young on the farm. Let me tell you, its damn near impossible for two pre-teens to line these threads up with the next pipe. AND if by some miracle we ever did...you can be damn sure we forgot to check the O-ring was still there. *shudders at the memory*.
This was the pump-house when I was a kid...I always found it a scary place...loud noises, electricity and water...can you blame me?
Ah...memories...
Its been super busy, I had my first mid-term in 2 1/2 years on Tuesday. Its amazing how you never forget how to procrastinate...on our walk Monday I found myself taking a little detour, and before I knew it I was actually jogging...haven't done that in a year and a half. Normally I'd be pretty excited about that...I'm a hard-core wannabe runner...but it was pretty much just horrible time management.
Friday I was at a vet clinic in Fort MacLeod for a few hours watching a neuter, a spay, and a lump removal (all on dogs). Would you believe I almost fainted during the neuter? Seriously...I grew up on a farm...branding...scalpel...boy parts. And I've spent quite a bit of time on kill floors in slaughter plants. But a neuter in a vet clinic almost put me over the edge. The good news is I managed to get a grip and made it through the remaining surgeries, its something I need to build up a tolerance for and I'm confident its just a matter of time. Was super cool though...got answers to a few questions that have been churning in my brain for quite some time, like how to tie a stitch without letting go of both ends...duh!
Today I audited part of a Terry Simons Seminar hosted by Go! Dog! Go! I audited part of his seminar last year and although I have so much to learn, its amazing how far we've come in a year! Neena and I are actually playing in tomorrow afternoon's session, I'm interested to hear what advice he is going to give me...and a little nervous lol!
AND I have a paper due for my English class due on Thursday...eek...I'm having some serious 'Science Brain' issues with this class...sigh.
But right now, I need to get some sleep...G'nite!




No comments:
Post a Comment