My Mom and her husband have a lot at King Arthur's Lakefront Resort in Vauxhall. Together with a large group of friends, they spend a lot of time out there during the summer, and wine making for the camping season has become something of a hobby. This weekend I headed out to Enchant to help.
Saturday was spent filtering wine, and preparing the bottles...Carol is demonstrating the proper technique for sanitizing and rinsing the bottles.
Ever heard the phrase go big or go home? I think we bottled 18 batches...which filled over 200 2L bottles and another 120 1L bottles. At which point I feel it is necessary to reiterate that this 'stash' is shared by a LARGE group of friends.
My job the second day was "Label Girl"...I'm not going to lie...I fought the urge to find a ruler.
Of course we had to sample the fruits of our labor while we slaved away...this is my Magic Wine Glass...it is magically NEVER empty.
It actually went pretty quickly...we got a lot done in a few short hours!
Which is a good things because these carboys are still waiting to be bottled.
That's quite the set-up! So how many bottles were emptied and refilled before the weekend was over?
ReplyDeleteThis summer I want to make it out to King Arthurs...haven't been there yet.
Thank you so much for coming out and helping bottle the wine. Now you will have to come and help drink the wine. Hope to see you a bit more this summer.
ReplyDeletePS we have a stash for you.