Man was it ever a freakin LONG winter...seriously, going to Vegas to watch 3 days of awesome modified racing spoiled me...and to go from that high to NOTHING...lets just say there were days I didn't even want to be around myself lol!
We were supposed to have 'Practise Day" the beginning of the month...I was super excited about it...and then it rained. And there was so much water, the first race of the year was cancelled. Bummer. Things finally dried up enough for us to have our first race of the season last weekend! The pits and infield were still pretty wet, in fact James was pumping water out of the center to water the track.
I headed out a little earlier in the day than usual, spent a little time running errands for Kathy, and then a little time chatting with James. He had something fun to show me...this is where they normally pump water for the track from.
Its been so wet and the dugout is so full, the water truck has some company! Some Canadian geese decided to lay their eggs on the dock...silly birds! James is such a nice guy he's come up with a plan so that they won't disturb the little guys when they have to start pumping from the dugout...no worries!
Speaking of 'wildlife'...my 'wild dog' spent most of her morning hiding on the floor of the truck...chicken!
On Saturday the trucks, hobby stocks and hornets raced, lots of the drivers gave their wheels new paint jobs over the winter. They looked great!
These guys make me giggle...they have attitude even in the line-up.
I have only watched the hobby stocks race a few times, they are mostly guys from the Calgary area and we had them down a few times (that I remember...eek) last summer. I also got to work with them in High River when I played up there in August. They are a fun group of guys and a pleasure to work with...well actually, all the classes were awesome on Saturday...no complaints from me at all!
Why hello there my lil shadow! What are YOU doing in the photo lol!
That's better lol...
No comments:
Post a Comment