Sunday, May 23, 2010

Good for a laugh!

Besides our agility friends and the people who are really in our day-to-day life, not many people get to see the true Neena.  When Kim posted about the C-BARQ (Canine Behavioral Assessment and Research Questionnaire) on her blog, I completed the questionnaire for Neena and two of her red-flag area's were stranger-directed fear and touch sensitivity.  This is a pretty accurate description of Neena, she often has a hard time meeting new people, especially in stressful situations, and it is compounded when folk (usually well-meaning dog lovers!) try to pet her.  She needs her own space and luckily, early in our agility career, Sarah & Amanda pointed out to me the more I touch her...the more she freaks out!  So truly, if you meet Neena and she snubs you, don't take it personally!  She snubs me all the time lol!

It makes me feel warm and fuzzy when she is comfortable and enjoying herself.  I wish more people could see her like that, she's a nut, and she makes me laugh all the time!  Today I couldn't wait to download my photo's after our walk, I knew there was going to be some funny shots of the 'real' Neena!  And I was right!
This is my favorite!
These pics are a little silly too, but I love them...it makes me feel like a total crazy dog lady, but last week one of our dog friends commented that they hadn't realized Neena smiles...and it warmed my heart!  So these aren't 'true' smiles...but they are close...
And I was trying to come up with a banner for my blog...was going for a 'long road' type shot...the results weren't quite what I wanted, but I'm happy enough!  These were a few of of the 'rejects' that I thought were still blog-worthy lol!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the new header. Also LOVE the photo of neena smiling with the blue sky behind her.

    I love neena, and I am even lucky enough to really know her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shots Jen. Neena is a great dog ... and I love her name hehe

    great blog header!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cheesy grin, Neena!!
    And your blog header is perfect, Jen!!!

    ReplyDelete