Monday, July 20, 2009

Bridge County Raceway

I am a long time volunteer at Bridge County Raceway and this weekend was very exciting as we welcomed the ASCS CanWest Sprint Car series to Lethbridge. We regularly feature the Sportsman Sprints at BCR, the main difference between these two tours is the engine. ASCS runs a 360 engine while the Sportman run a smaller version (at least that's how I understand it...sprint car engines are not my forte lol!). Due to the recession and other factors the ASCS car count has suffered a little this year and a few of our Sportman drivers helped round out the field.

At the end of the day #6m Sean Moran took the checkered flag, he is what you could call Racing Royalty in Alberta and I have watched him do very well at our track in the past.

#44 Kelly Miller is the only local driver who is currently racing ASCS...his dad Donny has a long history of sprint car racing...and he owes me a beer:).
The following teams are the local Sportman cars supported the ASCS this weekend.

#33 Stuart Selby
#77 Rick Tessemaker#21 Calvin Fitch

2 comments:

  1. I really want to go see the races sometime! Let me know a couple days ahead of time and I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! Your going to miss a really great two-day modified show over the August long while your away at Nationals!

    ReplyDelete