Tuesday, July 7, 2009

White Water Rafting

I was invited to go white water rafting with Michelle this past weekend. Her sister Monica is the booking agent for Mukwah Tours near Sundre Alberta, and helped organize the trip...which coincidentally she could not participate in as she is 7 months pregnant! We stayed at Monica's place, her husband's family has this great property near Sundre, they have their own personal lake and golf course...this is the view out their front door.


Saturday was busy with baseball tournaments and BBQ's, after supper we took Michelle's niece, Brooke, out to visit the horses.



We also visited with the cows and the billy goat who thinks he's a cow, his name is Rex.



Sunday was white water rafting, I was SO EXCITED! Its been on my list of things to do for quite a while now, I think they were only classifying the rapids at a 2-3 but it was a good way to get my feet wet;).

I convinced Michelle we should body surf through a rapid...I think she thought I was nuts but we were both really glad we did it in the end. My favorite person of the day was the inventor of wet suits.

I think this photo is hilarious.

It was a great weekend...I can't wait to try it again!

2 comments:

  1. looks like an awesome time Jenilee!!!!!!

    a blog a blog a blog!!!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun. We did a 2, but that was okay for us first timers! I don't know if I'd ever be brave enough to body surf. Great blog! You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete