

the collie boys thought she (and pretty much all the other gals) was something special lol!
We even had cake, peanut butter & carrot for the dogs, chocolate for the people...let me tell you everyone (I mean everyone!) wanted seconds.
- Aww...that's so cute (as in that's a great idea can I come!)
- Are you serious? (as in that's really cheesy and you either need to get a life or you have too much time on your hands)
- Pity (as in its so sad you have to have parties for your dogs since you don't have kids)
I face all 3 of these reactions on a pretty regular basis. I spend a lot of time with my dog, not as much as a lot of people I've met since we adopted Neena, but certainly more than most of my family & friends do. I don't regret any of it...not the time, not the money, not the inappropriate reactions from people who see her as just a dog...one day I'll blog about how Neena saved me from self destructing. In the mean time I'm going to continue laughing at the antics of dogs when they play at these 'silly parties' and enjoy every moment I have to spend with her.
i am glad you and neena had fun. to be honest i am not normally a birthday party for the dog kind of person. but i thought it would be a great way for the dog to just get to play, and we can visit...
ReplyDeleteit was lots of fun, and your pics are cute!
even I still get those looks, and reactions- you'd think my family would be used to it. I'll never forget my aunt when she found out I had four dogs. The look of dsgusts on her face was priceless (almost the same look I get when I hear of people who have 3,4 or 5 kids!!!)
Each to their own I guess. Good thing us dog folk have thick skin!
Trying to take photo's last night was a lesson in appreciation for the photo's you guys get at the daycare! I did have a couple cute photo's, but it seemed like all those shots had a collie nose or tail in them ;)...too funny!
ReplyDeleteI agree, each to their own! And from what I've observed everyone has their own crazy thing. It was totally a soap box moment for me lol!
I like your label...thoughts and rants!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you have Neena in your life and that she is there to encourage you.
hahaha!!...sorry about the collie noses!! LOL!!
ReplyDeleteBrad just said I was getting stranger, the older I got, when I told him where I was going!