Monday, January 25, 2010

Last one! Promise! Until next year...

Every Christmas we deep-fry a turkey at Dad's. 

It's actually pretty humorous watching my dad and brother's...Warren was actually threatened with death during the 'injection process'...its serious stuff.

Final step is to smother the bird with Ranch Dressing, it often get a little messy...guess who's on clean-up detail?

Things get a little stressful when its time for the turkey to get from the kitchen...

to the fryer...

And then there is more stress trying to get the bird IN the pot...notice the height difference between my dad and my brother?  Poor Warren...pretty sure this is where he received death threat #2...

Meanwhile back in the kitchen where all good little Mennonite daughters belong *eye roll* (sorry Grandma)...I was busy fixing the rest of the fixins.  I'm sure this is the SECOND year in a row I mis-timed the green bean casserole...seriously...how hard can it really be?  I annoyed myself.  When it was time to mash the potato's I dug out Dad's potato masher...and...well...lets just say it needed a trip to the shop.  I love my little red-neck family...I really do...

I broke the law and recruited some help for the actual mashing...

And of course girls never carve turkeys...


On a side note, I did get this very cute picture of my brother and his son...

I think I had 4 photo's like this...good reflexes on my brother's part huh?  Colton's under strict copyright laws so unfortunately this is as much as I'll ever be able to show you here...but lemme tell you he's REALLY cute.

It was a fun day, Neena and I went for a BIG walk in the afternoon...I have some photo's I've been absolutely dying to blog, hopefully this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment